It’s my Birthday yall!!! Yep, I was born on the Fourth of July. Trust me, it’s not as lit as it sounds because until I can afford throwing a party on a rooftop of the most expensive hotel in NYC, everyone would rather go for Fourth of July fireworks at some gig than celebrate with me.
Funny thing is as a child, I always admired kids whose birthdays were on special days like Christmas or New Year’s because in my head, they had a big celebration. I couldn’t wait to get to the States cos then I knew my birthday would be on a special day too. Trust me, everyone is too busy barbecuing and blowing up fireworks.
I am 26 and I couldn’t be happier because I don’t count my problems, I count my blessings!!!
My parents are alive, I’ve got interestingly great family, school’s going, my blog’s progress surprises me everyday and I am doing things in life that are creating paths to my dream job, so I really can’t complain. Oh I know what you’re thinking, “How about a man?” Not . Even . Bothered!!!
So in light of my official initiation into #TeamLateTwenties, how about I share 26 random facts about me…
- I’m a Cancer and everything about this article is accurate.
- I am a terrible liar.
- Indian food is among my top ten favorite things in the world.
- I have a serious addiction to paisley and hounds-tooth prints. I own everything in at least one of them.
- I loathe massages or stuff that has to deal with hands on my body by people other than my mum or Bae. Handshakes are the worst…Hugs please!
- I take betrayal very seriously…you only get one chance.
- I love holding onto beautiful memories, hence my obsession with photography.
- All my closed shoes are pointies, both flats and heels.
- I’m so much of a planner, I even plan to procrastinate.
- I take it personal when people cancel on me without good reason.
- If I could wear one outfit for the rest of my life, it would be black leggings, a white boyfriend tee and red pointy pumps.
- All the cars I’ve owned in my life (except that one white mistake) are red and I plan on keeping the tradition.
- I hate surprises (refer to no.9 for why).
- If I could stay in one place for the rest of my life it would be
Los Angelesanywhere my mum is.
- When I’m feeling down, I watch old episodes of Cartoon Network’s Mike Lu and Og. It was my fav cartoon as a kid.
- If I could do life all over again, I would want to come back as an identical twin.
- My love language is “Quality Time”
- I take the Girl Code very seriously.
- I looove rollercoasters.
- Most times, I can tell a person is being fake within the first five minutes of a conversation.
- My favorite flower is an orchid.
- If I could eliminate one social media app from earth, it would be Snapchat.
- The most humbling experience I’ve ever had was during a pharmacy internship at a Ugandan hospital where I watched a man die. He slowly took his last breaths until his heart finally stopped beating. He was terminally ill.
- I don’t drink, or smoke…I write…that’s my release.
- I love going to the movie theater by myself, during the week, when it’s empty.
- I’m Muslim…in case you missed this article.
Toasting to good vibes and a great year…Buba.