Wondering about the silence on here…Hint Hint…Check out my newest project, my Photography blog!
So I figured I should do something about my old blog page since I still had some followers on there. Check it out! It is a little more personal with what I am up to, liking, eating, wearing and other inspirations. Sign up to follow and get posts straight to your email.
Picture lives on a daily,
It’s the world’s responsibility to receive.
Seek moments…seek pleasure in the envy of others.
Desire acknowledgment, validate beauty, riches, relationships.
Forget to live in the moment, for sake of documentation.
Record, forget to listen.
Post hearts, forget to love.
Expressive you say, Hashtag my title.
Intellectual whore, broke beauty,
Show stopping bore, Prayerful bitch,
Pitiful bystander, brilliant cheat.
We have it figured out.
Followers are listeners, likes are true friends.
Cleaner background richer lives,
Red bottoms sexy girls,
Longer lashes strong beauties,
Lustful asses endless weaves,
Bold abs drunk deuces happier lives.
Reject who we were created to be,
Reject purpose, resent custom,
Banish truth, pretend humanity.
Kisses on the cheek and all over his face.
She held him so close, so tight,
All the strength she had left.
With trembling hands she held his face to hers,
Their heads bound.
Why are you here, its late go home.
I’m fine you should go, a smile across her face.
Slowly walking to the door,
His mind filled with worry, his heart desperate for hope.
He turned to look at her. She waved to him,
A tear running down her pale cheek,
A smile across her face.
He smiled back, faced the floor as he shut the door behind him.
He turns to look at the clock, four in the morning,
He answers his phone.
Mama got worse.
He questioned her judgment,
Yelled for her to find help.
They took her already.
Wearing the first clothes he laid his eyes on.
A bad dream, a prayer to wake soon.
Carefully placing his wreath,
A tear running down his pale cheek.
She held his hand and asked if he was well.
She wants you to remember happy.
So she asked you to leave.
Be strong for you, for her. She loves you.
He looked into her eyes,
The image of his mother’s face.
I love you, he said,
A smile across his face.
(Inspired by a story told to me by a friend who lost their mother to cancer and dedicated to anyone who has been through the pain of watching the ones you love slowly lose their battle to cancer.)
Play a most beautiful song.
Write a most beautiful poem.
Whisper my most beautiful words.
Can’t get it down.
It’s blurry…Love story, blurry.
I don’t have one,
Forgot them all.
Maybe not worth telling anymore.
Smile, no reason to smile.
Laugh, crazy pain.
Fear, my hurt.
Get lost, breathe sorrow.
Hide, Dark Walls.
Dying, break them down.
Too Strong, falling.
Dragging the days, thinking through the nights.
Thinking what to think about.
Feel no pain, sad still.
Crowded, Lonely still.
Laughing, mad still.
Faint voices, my mind.
Confusion, I’m lightheaded.
Fly, my wings don’t work.
Exhausted, Body beat, soul drained, spirit crushed, chest heavy.
Play the song, write a poem, whisper the words.
Women are suckers for relationship advice; they will listen to any nonsense and read any book that tells them how to “Win in love”. Now if you’ve been on this site for more than a minute you know I’m a sucker for relationships too…”(Dude I have a whole category dedicated to the topic)”; here’s the thing about fellow suckers that I don’t understand; why would you want to know about men and then go ask women? It’s like getting offers to do interviews at the super bowl and the first person you chose to question is the coach…when the players are standing right in front of you. I respect female feminists (wait, just some of them not all) for their courage, brilliance, motivation, and guts really. When we start talking love however, I want to listen to a Male feminist/opinion. Why do Feminist women feel the need to give relationship advice! Married or single, most of them are terrible at relationship advice because half the time their opinions are from their biased point of view. I don’t trust them…Feminists talk fantasies they can’t even do themselves…
”You don’t need a man,”
-Every Married Female Feminist ever.
Buuulll Shittttt. I don’t trust them at all! The married feminist…Oh My God married feminists stress me ouuuuttttt! Before I go any further guys, let me tell you one thing about women and ladies, let me remind you one thing about yourselves. Women have perfected the “Art of Pretending and Lying without getting caught!” A married woman will trash-talk men for a complete hour all the while checking her watch to make sure she’s home in time to make diner for her hubby; and the single feminists, I don’t understand how you talk about beef when you’re vegan, how does that work? And then the lesbian woman who gives straight women “Hubby Talk”…like why? You can’t make this stuff up…No Really, she exists. I stumbled upon her article; Ms. Andrea Ritchie, thinks Steve Harvey’s “Act Like A Lady Think Like A Man” is trash talk.
She what she says,
“Black women are tired of being told that something is wrong with us.”
See, this is the bias I was telling ya’ll about. And for those of you who’ve heard of the “Look at the glass as half full or half empty” system will understand me when I say that if a comment is ever thrown at you, FIRST consider it as advice, not an ATTACK…advice, then whether you place it in good or bad advice, that choice is yours. Taking any type of criticism as an attack only sets you off as bitter and insecure…moving on.
“We are not all sitting around waiting for Steve Harvey and D. L. Hughley to tell us how to get and keep a man.”
We??? But aren’t you…
“Believe it or not, some of us are happily single. Believe it or not, some of us are lesbians.”
How to get and keep a man, happily single, Lesbian…make up your mind woman!
“Believe it or not, some of us are in fulfilling relationships with black men.”
BUT YOU JUST SAID YOU’RE A HAPPILY SINGLE LESBIAN!!!
“And we are tired of being ignored.”
Andrea, you’re being ignored because You Talk Shit!
Apparently feminism is based on equality of opportunities for both women and men, socially, economically and politically. I agree, however I have also come to accept that I am a part-time feminist. I think Women need men! I’m not saying we can’t do without them, I’m just saying we need them just as much as they need us; Go Figure! As usual, let’s end on a lighter, hopefully funnier note. Ladies and gentlemen, five moments when I do not believe in the equality of the sexes!
- Plumbing. And every other type of dirty work which for some reason men take pride in doing to prove themselves as big and strong, should remain a men’s thing. Nah uh, I have no interest in knowing what is clogging up the toilet.
- Moving in together and then still having to pay half of everything. I’m sorry, so how is this relationship beneficial to me? Not only am I still not relieved of the electricity bill…but your laptop is always charging!!!
- Pushing dead cars. Changing tires or oil, filling air and every other problem that has to do with a car, paying insurance included. This one guy told me he was moving out of town and I was only sad because now I had to find a new “Car Guy”. Every woman has a car guy on speed dial. Your car starts acting funny, you park somewhere and call him to come see what’s up. He has the spare key so you text him its location address and abandon the sucker till it’s fixed again.
- Female favors. I grew up in Africa and when I moved to Texas, I admired how well women had it here. I mean, a guy will not sit down while a woman stands, he will give up his seat. Men out here are kinda gentlemen. They do humble stuff like hold out doors, or when a stranger sees you carrying heavy stuff, he might help you to wherever you’re going before he continues on his way. You go to Africa and see how you will carry em groceries the whole mile home while your partner shamelessly texts some crazy chic on his phone.
- If there’s a killer in the house they are the ones to go and check to confirm it’s true. No way am I holding that damn torch flashing around just to get axed in my throat.
Read Andrea’s Full Article here:
- If you’re waiting on your degree to do the success magic for you, you’re going to die poor. Perhaps the most important lesson I learned this past year. Start thinking now! If an idea comes at you, grab it and cease the opportunity while it lasts. When it’s your moment, it’s your moment!
- People lie about their lives, a lot! Apparently you’d rather look rich than actually be rich. So you max out your credit on an iPhone, Range Rover and Red Kicks but somehow your gas tank is always on E?
- Life gets happier when you start thanking before asking. Be thankful that you are alive and that you are breathing. Being grateful attracts happiness and positive energy around you.
- Loudest is never strongest…never. I don’t know why, but people who want to stand out excessively and are so desperate to show everyone how perfect they are, are always the ones with the most issues. I just don’t understand why one would show themselves off when their life is a mess. The more spot light you give yourself, the more you will attract people to talk about you. And no one has interest in basic information. The juiciest gossip is the one with the sleazy embarrassing details. And what annoys me the most about “loud ass people” is how they take to social media and express how mad they are that the world is talking about them negatively…it’s because you’re in our faces all the damn time. Go sit down somewhere and be quiet and see how we won’t leave you alone!
- You can never build happiness off another’s misery. Selfishly hurting people is never fair. I despise and feel pity for those who only work towards their own benefit without considering how others feel. Do not steal someone’s husband and then hope for a happy marriage…nope, never going to work out!
- I’d rather you don’t clap, than clap pretending to be happy for me. Fake people will be the death of me. You don’t have to like everyone, and that’s okay because everyone cannot please everyone! What’s not right is painting a smile over glaring hate just to keep up appearances.
- All that shiny sparkly showing off is to distract you from the sad reality. People that are too flashy with all there materialistic things, acting like they are the only people in the world who could afford them. You see how this showing off thing works, people show off things which they know other people don’t expect them to have so they have to confirm that they could finally afford them. There…I just explained that annoying insta-grammer who always posts pictures of receipts showing how they just spent $100 on food at a restaurant…Ohhh Well done!
- Be as independent as possible. I stopped having high expectations in people. Just when you are getting comfy, they’ll disappoint you in the worst way possible. It’s more satisfying owning the little that you need than sharing all the lot that you want.
- Wait to talk. Funny story, this one time I was boarding a flight which I was very late for, upon entry into the plane, it was me and another late gentleman who was ahead of me. The hostess looked at his boarding pass, looked into the economy section then looked at him and said, Business Class? He replied, “No, Economy.” So she told him to wait there then looked at me and said the same. Weirdly, in that moment I lost grip of my bag so I picked it up right before correcting her that I was also in Economy class. But by the time I looked up she was already channeling me into business class so I shut my mouth and followed. She sat me down on the plushest, most spacious plane chair I had ever sat in. I didn’t even get comfy cos I knew they would figure me out soon…not to mention my overly excited face was showing. A few minutes later, she walks in with a lady and sits her nearby (I can’t even say next to me because that’s how far apart those seats are). Later during the flight, we picked up conversation when she mentioned her flight being cancelled. Her and a few other passengers ended up being placed on my flight but the owner of the seat they had given her showed up at the last minute so they had no choice but to bump her up to Business class! So that’s what happened to my seat, it had been given out so they were compensating with business class. Whoever came up with that late comers eat bones nonsense…?
- I’d rather be engaged forever than married for a day. Lately, it’s like people get married to break up. The relationship is strong for four years, they get married and a year in, divorce papers are filed…like what happened? Marriage is no longer a sacred union, more like who will throw a bigger wedding.
- You are in full control of your life and that’s scary. Whatever you think about is what is happening to you. When I first got to figure this out I thought life was so much easier, and don’t get me wrong, it is…except for the fact that we have been raised within the walls of worry, fear and self-doubt and it feels almost impossible to erase them from one’s mind. Thinking negative never takes you anywhere but we can’t help but wonder if things will go wrong or if we will fail. It’s who we are, and you know what, its ok…as long as we can change that thought immediately and know everything will work out well in the end.
- Happy people have nothing to prove. When good things happen to you all the time, it’s a lifestyle! You don’t need to tell everyone, what matters is that you, the recipient of good comings is at peace, and that’s all the proof you need.
Recently I was watching this interview of rapper Big Sean talking about his relationship with actress Naya Rivera. In his interview with Necole Bitchie, he boasts about getting home from the studio and Naya wakes up, to make him diner…at 4:00 am. I replayed that section like four times…4am?
You know what, I’ve always thought of myself as the good girlfriend type. I’m faithful, I don’t nag guys and I don’t take issues too personal (Ahem…assuming my ex is dead and that you can’t sue people for lying). But lately, My type of good girlfriend is getting out of style! Like Girls are making this too competitive…cooking at 4am…the hell? I mean, if I love you so so so much and you’re coming back at 4am…first of all why are you coming back at 4am?…the most effort I will make is to leave a sticky note telling you where the food is. Seriously, who has time to get up in the middle of the night in full gear and start frying things…not me! Naya girl, Sean better wife you for that effort.
A few weeks ago I see a bunch of my friends gathered around this one girl gasping and laughing. I join the conversation only to find them looking at her “Ring”. She got engaged over the summer. Yea my friend is getting married! Whatttt…quit playing! So while everyone is screaming and hugging…this is me;
Are you serious?
You’re really gonna do this?
Aren’t you so young?
Do you even know him well?
Is it because you’re pregnant?
Is that even a real diamond? (I know…I’m a pathetic loser for asking!)
I stopped when the dirty looks started to become obvious. Here’s the thing, I love hearing that people are getting married. But that’s because it’s always been older people in their late twenties, thirties and more. But check this out, this girl is twenty three…yea yea yea laugh all you want, but for real, I was freaked out for a second. And for no other reason except for the fact that I am the same age as her. No, I don’t think she is too young to get married 23 is perfectly fine. It’s me!
I’m too unserious to take on marriage. Here’s what’s crazy. How do people know “The One” so early? One year in and a date is set. I don’t trust this generations…too many actors and actresses…you need time to really know each other. Then you need time to think about where the relationship is going. I mean we all know those partners who profess their love and between the “awww, you’re my everything too” were thinking “no no no, it can’t be you, God Loves me…my husband is still out there”. And as if figuring out the one is not already scary, my lifestyle scares me too. Here are five reasons I am too selfish to be married now.
1. Breakfast? I get out of bed just in time to take a shower, dress up and drive through massive traffic (while applying foundation, mascara and lipstick) to reach work five minutes late which is the maximum amount of late arrival minutes that can be excused at the job without penalties. Hell no, I’m not getting out of my bed 30 minutes early to switch the coffee maker on for you. What’s wrong with your legs?
2. Alone time. Don’t we all need it? Sometimes I wake up and I do not want to hear another human breathing within a 20 feet radius of me. I’m not mad, I just want to be alone, thank you.
3. Have you seen my closet? I call it the clothes where I keep my room. My floor is a pile of denim, tees, books, shoe boxes, shopping bags and a lab coat somewhere in there. Nope, I haven’t rethought my behavior.
4. Kids. I love kids, but kids are on a constant mission to kill themselves. You have to watch them every second of every minute. They climb curtains, play with knives, run on the stair case, and eat blades. My niece and nephew are the most adorable bunch but fifteen minutes in and I’m done! Don’t touch my phone, don’t touch my iPad, don’t touch the TV, sit your lil butt down and watch cartoons like a normal kid…that I have never seen.
5. Sharing a bank account. I’m sorry, were you there while I slept for 2 hours…in a day, had water for breakfast, chewing gum for lunch and cereal for diner, had to work two jobs to pay off my bills and bribe the maintenance guy to steal my neighbor’s internet password, so I could survive off of their wireless? ‘Bro’ you haven’t been in my struggle and so you will not be included in my bank balance.
I have a special respect for married women, they have a certain calmness that we selfish youngster wannabes don’t have. And honestly, I respect them for accepting to let another human in their life to care for…for free. You deserve it all and more. Long live the couples.